What are we created for? Many people may think that they exist for various things, such as a successful career. However, the correct answer is that the Lord created us for the purpose to contain Him. We could fill ourselves with many different things, but eventually, we realise it becomes old and it no longer satisfies us.
If something has been created in a certain way to fulfill a certain purpose, no matter how much you try to fill it with other things, it will not be used for its correct purpose. In the same way, we were created in God’s image (Gen. 1:26) for His expression. God made us to contain and to express Him.
John 1:12-13 shows us that as soon as we believed into Him and received Him, we became children of God. As children of God, we can have an influence on the world around us because we have the life of God.
How can we have an influence on the world?
One of the aspects that were unveiled to us during this recent young people’s conference is that we are the salt of the earth. Salt has a significant function, it is used to kill bacteria. The world that we live in is tasteless and corrupted with germs and so we, as the salt of the earth, need to kill the germs that are around us.
It is so easy for us to become tasteless, but the Lord needs ones that will lose their soul life. We have to be willing to pay the price – that is, we have to be willing to lose our soul life in order for the Lord to use us. We have to be the ones that are not half way for the Lord, but rather, 100% for Him.
Also, we should have a living in which we are always touching the Lord – a daily living of contacting Him personally and corporately. We can do this by:
- Calling on the name of the Lord – it is God’s commandment and desire that His people call on Him. By calling on Him, we are drinking from the fountain of God’s salvation.
- Pray-reading the Word of God – Jer. 15:16 “Your words were found and I ate them, / And Your word became to me / The gladness and joy of my heart.”
- Contacting the Lord through our repentance and confession – repentance and confession is God’s way to shepherd us. By confessing the sins on our conscience, the Lord will hear our prayers.
- Contacting the Lord through our prayer – Phil. 4:6 “In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God”
- Knowing the importance of the believers’ meeting – We shouldn’t only exercise in conferences, but we have to exercise daily in our everyday living.
It is so easy for us to contact the Lord, every morning and every day is a new start with Him!
Oh Lord Jesus we want to live a healthy living, a daily living of contacting You. We don’t want to become tasteless! May we have such an influence and effect on the world! We want to remain tasty!
[sharing from sister L. Chan from her enjoyment in the recent year 7-13 young people’s conference in Bower House]